Top Secret Toyota Supra Turbo on ADV.1 three piece ADV10 Wheels
After Fast and Furious hit the cinemas worldwide back in 1999. the car most young boys dreamed of owning were either a Nissan Skyline GTR or a Toyota Supra. After the Skyline GTR we were taken by storm with the latest edition of the Nissan’s supercar, the GTR. This time without the name Skyline, but packing quite a performance package. But what happened to the once famed and well talked about Toyota Supra?
We didn’t hear much in the last few years about this exciting car. Even though we asked Toyota about their plans for a new Supra a few days ago, a new version is not in their mid-term plans unfortunately. But that doesn’t stop us from talking about the current one, does it?
We have here an extensive photoshoot of a top secret Toyota Supra Turbo on ADV.1 three piece ADV10 wheels, which complete an extensive tuning package, making this one sick Japanese ride to start with!
We will get into the geeky details like engine designation, weight and things like that for all of you car geeks who need to know every number, for the sake of everyone who ever talked about a JZA80 engine with glow in their eyes!
But first let’s turn our attention to these amazing three piece ADV10 wheels! It has became quite customary to receive a message from William Stern and see amazing photography, awesome wheels and cars that most people in the world dream of having! So when I received information about one of my favorite cars, it was really a nice reminescense of the times pasted by.
But as I tend to wander of in my mind into some happier times, it wouldn’t be fair to our readers not to give you some information about this setup. As we said, the wheels here are ADV.1 made, named ADV10 with a three piece design, brushed finish with polished lips. Size of the wheels is 18×10″ in the front and 18×11.5″ in the back! Some of you may already noticed, the tire these wheels are wrapped around into are Toyo R888 265/35R18 in the front and 315/30R18 in the rear. Basically street legal racing tires!
To get a grip on the level of detail involved in this project, we finally give you the complete modifications list that was done to this car. All the car geeks, please enjoy!
This is, as some of you already know a Toyota Supra MK IV, with a chassis code JZA80, an almost perfect weight distribution of 53/47 which makes it a great track day car.
Like we all know, a Toyota Supra is usually quite modified, so it is the case with this one also. Here are the engine modifications done to this car:
- Engine Code: 2JZ-GTE w/ VVT-i
- Displacement: 2997cc
- Engine Management: Vi-pec V88
- Tuner: Tuned by Lance
- Boost Controller: AEM Tru Boost
- Camshafts: HKS 264 Exhaust Cam
- Fuel: E85
- Injectors: Precision 1600cc
- Fuel Rail: Big Daddy Performance
- Fuel Pumps: (3) Ford GT40 Fuel Pumps, Titan Billet Triple Pump Bracket
- Fuel System: Aeromotive FPR, Aeromotive Fuel Filter, Custom – 10, – 8, -6 Lines w/ Black Fittings
- Turbo: Precision Turbo GT42-76
- Wastegate: TiAL Sport 44mm
- Exhaust Manifold: Greddy Stainless Steel Manifold
- Downpipe/Exhaust System: Custom 4 inch Stainless Steel Turbo Back Exhaust
- Intercooler: Greddy 3 Row
- Blow Off Valve: Turbonetics Godzilla
- Ignition System: HKS Twin Power DLI w/ Custom Plug n Play Harness
- Spark Plugs: Denso IK22 Iridium Plugs
- Cooling System: Mishimoto Aluminum Radiator
Changes were done to the transmission and the drivetrain also. While the transmission is a factory USDM Getrag V160, the clutch was replaced with a RPS Triple Carbon with Billet Strapless Pressure Plate. Flyweel is also RPM and the differential is a TRD LSD with USDM 3.13 gear ratio.
On the exterior, other than those fancy wheels by ADV.1, owner chose the moonstone metallic paint, a new carbon fiber front lip and a TRD wing to create some downforce.
In the interior we have an OEM Toyota carbon fiber steering wheel, TRD 320km speedo, HKS Boost, AEM Wideband and AEM Tru Boost gauges. As for the entertainment, there is a Pioneer AVIC-D3 NAVI double din. Enjoying the car and all of that mentioned above, can be done from some Sparco seats.
We feel like there isn’t much more to say, make sure to check out all the geeky things we mentioned here on the photoshoot by William Stern and enjoy these high resolution 1920px photos once more! Perfect for your desktop, ain’t they?
* The photographs are copyrighted by ADV.1 Wheels and may not be republished without prior permission from the author. Please do not direct link to the images, link to the article instead, our bandwith is not endless.