We Inteview Robert Langtry, VP of Operations at LemonFree.com
Another great new feature on My Car Portal has arrived! We will get interviews from relevant head figures from all of our supporting companies, but also try to get interviews done with the people that move the automotive industry and our beloved head guys of the aftermarket car industry we love so much.
As it came to our attention, our readers love to hear what people in this niche have to say, have to offer, or just hear them out on the daily operations and the tasks ahead that face all of them. We are business oriented people as well, who love cars, thus it gives us great pleasure to introduce Robert Langtry, VP of operations at LemonFree!
For those that don’t know, LemonFree has been with us since the beginning, helping MCP grow, helping us stay online and produce the level of content and media that we love! That means all those high-quality images and media are backed up by our dear supporting companies who help us in daily operations.
1. Hello LemonFree.com staff! We are so glad to be talking to you, could you please introduce yourselves to our readers?
Of course, thanks for having me. My name is Robert Langtry, Vice President of Operations.
2. How did you come up with a catchy name like that? Sure defines what most of us are after to avoid when buying a used car!
Obviously the name has a lot of meanings. Initially, when we started LemonFree, there weren’t many “Free” options out there for dealers and consumers. Also, lemons are a known issue in the automotive industry, so we did a double meaning in LemonFree – no lemons, free to use. We like it a lot!
3. What would you say separates LemonFree.com from other used cars websites?
We are very consumer focused, versus dealer and revenue focused. We always try to provide the user with the most important, and transparent information. We also poll users about their experiences with dealers, if the dealers doesnt live up to our standards, we will either rank them down in our algorithm, or remove them from the site completely.
4. Define why do you offer such a great service, completely free of charge?
Its not easy, but we mainly generate our revenue off advertising and 3rd party affiliations (insurance / loans)
5. How much growth are you seeing each month now?
It varies on a month-to-month because the industry is very up and down. However, every month we set goes to get more consumers using our awesome website.
6. Are there plans to expand to European, Asian, Australian and South American markets?
It has been discussed – we currently are in the USA and Canada – eventually, as LemonFree.com becomes a household name, we will look into a world wide option for everyone.
7. Would you be hiring any car crazed people who’d love to work with such a highly knowledgeable and fun to work with stuff? What would you advise to anyone looking for a job with your company?
Being car crazy isnt needed to work at LemonFree. We hire people based on four core company values: Passion, Responsibility, Team Work and Innovation. We hire people who will work well in our team, and embrace our fun and exciting company culture.
8. What is your favorite vehicle and what do you drive?
I have a lot of favorites but I love the Audi Q5 and Q7. I currently drive a Mitsubishi RVR GT (Mitsubishi Outlander Sport in the USA)
9. Where can we follow you, talk to you? What social networks are you active on?
We are currently on Twitter (twitter.com/LemonFree), FaceBook (facebook.com/LemonFree)
10. Thanks for the answers, anything you would wish to add for our readers?
Nothing really – appreciate the time you took to chat, and we hope your readers find it interesting and start using LemonFree.com as their next marketplace when buying a car!
You might also like